Tips for Saving Money with Home Insurance Muscatine IA
Stay with the same home insurer. You may get credit for being with your home insurer for a long period of time. Ask about a discount for being continuously insured with the same company.
Miller Harrison And Becky Ins(563) 263-6044
100 W 2nd St
Trissel Graham Toole Inc(563) 322-3521
220 Emerson Pl Ste 200
Buena Vista Mutual Insurance Association(712) 732-6595
1711 Lake Avenue
Storm Lake, IA
Storm Lake, IA
Gregg Aistrope Agency Inc(712) 527-3189
105 South Locust Street
Cameron T K Insurance(319) 752-0966
600 South Starr Avenue
White Pigeon Mutual Insurance Association(563) 732-2072
105 West 4th Street
Bice Tom Insurance(319) 377-9876
760 12th Street
Allstate Insurancejeff Clark(319) 235-3008
3120 Kimball Ave Ste A
Allstate Insurance Christy Cox(563) 359-4079
5159 Utica Ridge Rd
Heil Insurance Agency Inc(641) 673-6143
801 A Avenue East
Tips for Saving Money with Home Insurance
Home Insurance Savings
You can save money on your home insurance with a set of tried and true strategies:
- Shop around for home insurance. Always get more than one quote. While you may not want to purchase just based on price, you will have a better idea of what home insurance coverage you can get at what price.
- Increase your home insurance deductible. This strategy works with any kind of insurance. The more you are willing to pay the more you reduce the risk to the home insurance company. If you reduce their risk, you pay less money.
- Buy home insurance and auto insurance from the same company. If you buy your car insurance and your home insurance through a single company they will usually give you a 'multiple policy' discount. It's worth it.
- Upgrade your home against disaster. Do you live in an area prone to windstorms? Then find out what you can do to make your home more wind-resistant. Similarly, in areas prone to flood or storm or earthquake you may be able to save money by having shatter-proof glass windows or reinforcing your home's structure against tremors.
- Don't confuse the cost of your home with rebuilding costs. Rebuilding costs are cost of materials and labour - and that's about it. You should never be including the cost of your land in the cost of the structure. You'll pay more in home insurance premiums because you are insuring for a higher amount - but you won't be able to prove that you need that higher amount when it comes time for a claim.
- Ask for discounts for security systems. Many new homes now come with security systems installed. The cost of the security system can be partially if not fully offset by the reduced cost of your home insurance premium.
- Ask about other discounts. It's common for home insurance companies to offer discounts - for wired in smoke detectors for instance - but not to advertise those discounts. The home insurance companies also may not offer the same discounts in all states. Ask. If you have modernized an older home this may also qualify you for a discount.
- A great example of a discount that may save you 10% or more is a discount for seniors.
- Check into group home insurance coverage. Maybe your employer has a group home insurance program? Perhaps one of the groups you belong to - professional group, alumni group or perhaps a business group - might have a group home insurance policy under which you could apply. Group insurance is almost always a better deal than buying as an individual; if you can get it.
- Stay with the same home insurer. You may get credit for being with your home insurer for a long period of time. Ask about a discount for being continuously insured with the same company. If you are a home insurance policyholder for more than 6 years, you could be entitled to a discount of up to 10%.
- Review your policy annually and adjust your home insurance accordingly. You might have items insured for more than they are worth! For instance, if you have a floater p...