Tips for Saving Money with Home Insurance Moscow ID
Stay with the same home insurer. You may get credit for being with your home insurer for a long period of time. Ask about a discount for being continuously insured with the same company.
AIA Insurance(509) 332-3535
375 South Grand Avenue
Allstate Insurancejensenleavitt Insurance Agency Inc.(208) 365-2160
602 S Washington Ave
Pipalanderson Insurance Inc(208) 342-3581
1471 Shoreline Drive Suite 104
Allstate Insurance Companies Sales Offices Chubbuck(208) 238-1830
121 Evans Lane
Waters Jim Insurance(208) 466-4800
1713 12th Avenue Road
American Family Insurance Kelby Dribnak(208) 884-5249
1551 W Cherry Ln Ste 105
Idaho Insurance Inc(208) 455-0071
1117 Cleveland Boulevard
American Family Insurance Ryan Keen(208) 344-2985
1175 E Parkcenter Blvd Ste 105
American Family Insurance Dwayne Ellis(208) 424-0864
1778 W State St
Silvermark Insurance(208) 664-8141
2020 North Lakewood Drive
Coeur D Alene, ID
Coeur D Alene, ID
Tips for Saving Money with Home Insurance
Home Insurance Savings
You can save money on your home insurance with a set of tried and true strategies:
- Shop around for home insurance. Always get more than one quote. While you may not want to purchase just based on price, you will have a better idea of what home insurance coverage you can get at what price.
- Increase your home insurance deductible. This strategy works with any kind of insurance. The more you are willing to pay the more you reduce the risk to the home insurance company. If you reduce their risk, you pay less money.
- Buy home insurance and auto insurance from the same company. If you buy your car insurance and your home insurance through a single company they will usually give you a 'multiple policy' discount. It's worth it.
- Upgrade your home against disaster. Do you live in an area prone to windstorms? Then find out what you can do to make your home more wind-resistant. Similarly, in areas prone to flood or storm or earthquake you may be able to save money by having shatter-proof glass windows or reinforcing your home's structure against tremors.
- Don't confuse the cost of your home with rebuilding costs. Rebuilding costs are cost of materials and labour - and that's about it. You should never be including the cost of your land in the cost of the structure. You'll pay more in home insurance premiums because you are insuring for a higher amount - but you won't be able to prove that you need that higher amount when it comes time for a claim.
- Ask for discounts for security systems. Many new homes now come with security systems installed. The cost of the security system can be partially if not fully offset by the reduced cost of your home insurance premium.
- Ask about other discounts. It's common for home insurance companies to offer discounts - for wired in smoke detectors for instance - but not to advertise those discounts. The home insurance companies also may not offer the same discounts in all states. Ask. If you have modernized an older home this may also qualify you for a discount.
- A great example of a discount that may save you 10% or more is a discount for seniors.
- Check into group home insurance coverage. Maybe your employer has a group home insurance program? Perhaps one of the groups you belong to - professional group, alumni group or perhaps a business group - might have a group home insurance policy under which you could apply. Group insurance is almost always a better deal than buying as an individual; if you can get it.
- Stay with the same home insurer. You may get credit for being with your home insurer for a long period of time. Ask about a discount for being continuously insured with the same company. If you are a home insurance policyholder for more than 6 years, you could be entitled to a discount of up to 10%.
- Review your policy annually and adjust your home insurance accordingly. You might have items insured for more than they are worth! For instance, if you have a floater p...