Reducing Long Term Care Health Insurance Costs Albany GA
Company: North Georgia Investment Planning LLC
Georgia State University/BS PUblic and Urban Affairs
Georgia State University/MBA in Finance
Years Experience: 5
Real Estate Investment Planning,Annuity Ideas & Strategy Planning,Planning For Personal Finances & Budgeting,Estate Tax Planning,Asset Protection Strategies & Planning,Fee-Only Comprehensive Financial Planning,401k Rollover From Employer,Wealth Management,Disability Insurance,Annuities,Alternative Asset Class Planning,Investment Consulting & Allocation Design,Insurance & Risk Management Planning,Retirement Income Accumulation Planning,Individual Income Tax Planning,Pension for Highly Compensated
Investment Advisor Rep: Yes
Registered Investor: Yes
MBA - Financial Services; Lipscomb University; Nashville, TN
Major: Accounting; Lipscomb University
Real Estate Investment Planning,Planning For Personal Finances & Budgeting,Retirement Income Accumulation Planning,Wealth Engineering,Asset Protection Strategies & Planning,Pension for Highly Compensated Owners,Fee-Only Comprehensive Financial Planning,Stock Market Alternative,Wealth Management,Medicaid,Alternative Asset Class Planning,Insurance & Risk Management Planning,Retirement Income Distribution Planning,Portfolio Engineering,Mortgage Refinancing,Hourly Financial Planning Engagements,IRA,
Company: Lundy Insurance Group, Inc.
Pension for Highly Compensated Owners,Stock Market Alternative,Alternative Investments,Disability Insurance,Annuities,Annuity Ideas & Strategy Planning,Asset Protection Strategies & Planning,IRA, 401k, Roth IRA, QDRO Rollovers,CD Alternative,Medicaid,Life Insurance,Long-Term Health Care Planning,Retirement Income Accumulation Planning,401k Rollover From Employer,Income for Life/ Preserve Principal,Medicare Planning,Health Care Insurance,Retirement Planning,Retirement Income Distribution Planning
Reducing Long Term Care Health Insurance Costs
Reducing Long Term Care Health Insurance Costs
In all cases when you buy insurance if you can reduce the risk to the insurance company, you can save money.
Here is a list of potential ways to save money on long term care health insurance:
- Find a group policy for long term care health insurance. Group coverage will always be less expensive. The risk for the long term care health insurance company is reduced because it is spread among the group. The challenge is that group policies may be restricted in what they cover. You can always supplement a group policy with some additional individual coverage, if you need it.
- Buy early. If you wait to buy long term care health insurance until you are in your 60's your premiums will be much higher. Premium increases are steep in this age bracket. Buying much earlier will not only save you money on a per premium basis, but may even save you money over the time you are insured. It also keeps you insurable. If you apply for long term care health insurance, and you are already elderly, you could be denied coverage.
- Buy a policy with a waiting period for benefit's. This is the same principle as buying auto insurance or home insurance with a deductible. You assume some responsibility for paying costs out of pocket and in return you get a break on your long term care health insurance premiums.
- You can also consider a long term care health insurance policy which only pays a percentage of the actual costs of care. This is another way to keep premiums lower.
- Always compare quotes. While you are comparing quotes, also compare long term care health insurance companies. The long term care health insurance company with the lowest premiums may actually have a track record of the most premium increases. Check all the factors which might affect you. If a long term care health insurance company increases premiums frequently, and you are buying insurance while you are young, you may more than make up the money you sav...
Georgia State Mandated Health Insurance Coverage
Medical insurance benefits that insurers must provide include: alcohol/drug abuse treatment, ambulatory surgery centers, athletic trainer, autism, bone marrow transplant, bone mass measurement, breast reconstruction, cervical cancer/HPV screening, chiropractor, chlamydia screening, clinical trial (cancer), colorectal cancer screening, contraceptives, dental anesthesia, dependent coverage (including newborns, adopted children, dependent student/adult, disabled dependent adults, diabetes (self-manangement and supplies), emergency room service, first nurse assistant, habilitative service for congential or genetic defects, hearing aids for minors, heart transplant, in vitro fertilization, mammography, mastectomy (including minimum stay), maternity (including minimum stay), mental health, morbid obesity treatment, off-label drug use, optometrist, ovarian cancer screening, prostate cancer screening, psychologist, TMJ disorder, vision care service, well child care