Articles Editor's Blog Reader Mail

Landlord Insurance Wichita KS

This page provides relevant content and local businesses that can help with your search for information on Landlord Insurance. You will find informative articles about Landlord Insurance, including "Insurance Needs for Landlords". Below you will also find local businesses that may provide the products or services you are looking for. Please scroll down to find the local resources in Wichita, KS that can help answer your questions about Landlord Insurance.

davidson pham
402 w 21st
wichita, KS
Alternate Phone Number

Farmers Insurance
(316) 685-0440
1819 S Rock Rd
Wichita, KS
The Heartland Gallogly Agency
(913) 345-9090
4400 College Blvd #370
Overland Park, KS

Data Provided by:
Tim Engle Agency Inc. American Family Insurance
(785) 539-9200
3320 Anderson Ave.
Manhattan, KS
Luengo Insurance Agency and Consulting Firm
(913) 248-7790
11083 Hauser St
Lenexa, KS
Alternate Phone Number
Insurance Agency, Kansas City Life Insurance, Kansas City Auto Insurance, Kansas City Commercial Insurance, Kansas City Homeowners Insurance
Prices and/or Promotions
Insurance and Consultatation

Valerie Mejia - American Family Insurance
(316) 688-1030
3876 N Woodlawn
Wichita, KS
Agri-Risk Services
(913) 897-1699
7540 W 160th Street
Overland Park , KS
Agri-Risk Services Inc
(913) 897-1699
7540 W 160th St
Stilwell , KS
(785) 323-1444
Alternate Phone Number
(785) 323-1444

Farmers Insurance
(316) 685-0440
1819 S Rock Rd
Wichita, KS
Data Provided by:

Insurance Needs for Landlords

Insurance Needs for Landlords

So, you've managed to get into the housing market and buy a property as an investment? Good idea! Now you'll have to figure out what you need as a new landlord and one of the most important things is insurance on your rental property.

In order to protect your investment, you really have to have insurance. You will have some unique insurance needs as the person who owns the property, but does not reside there. After all, it will be the tenants responsibility to insure the contents. But the structure is your responsibility.

As a landlord, liability is also a larger issue for you. What if your tenant is hurt on the rental property? You need to be sure that if you are sued, you have the insurance to help you out.

Last, but not least, as a landlord you need to protect your income stream and that's your rental income. If the structure is sufficiently damaged that it is impossible for the renter to occupy your property, you need to be able to cover that rental income in order to meet your obligations, including the mortgage on the property, if any. This is where you have to think carefully about what your true needs are and buy the right coverage.

Take heart! While it may sound intimidating, insurers have already designed policies for the landlords needs. Do keep in mind that there will be variation in these policies, so you'll have to check the fine print and pick the one that best suit's your situation. Shopping around will give you a better idea of what is available in coverage and at what price.

Having said that, always ensure that your policy has at least the following:

  • Coverage for the physical structure (for either named perils or on an open-peril basis)
  • Coverage for other structures on the property, including any storage sheds, garage buildings or other upgrades. In most cases, your basic policy will give you coverage equal to 10% of the value of the main building. Be sure that is enough.
  • Coverage for a...

Click here to read the rest of this article from Insurance Guide 101

About Us | Contact Us | Link to Us | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Insurance Resources | Sitemap