Disability Insurance Cut Disability Insurance with Early Intervention Billings MT
Company: Estate Conservation Associates
Franklin & Marshall College A.B.
Stanford University M.A.
Years Experience: 34
Supplemental Medicare Insurance,College Planning,401k Rollover From Employer,Income for Life/ Preserve Principal,Medicare Planning,Annuities,Alternative Asset Class Planning,Investment Consulting & Allocation Design,Insurance & Risk Management Planning,Retirement Income Distribution Planning,Education Funding & Financial Aid Planning,Fee-Only Comprehensive Financial Planning,Long-term Care Insurance,1031 Exchanges,Wealth Engineering,Stock Market Alternative,Wealth Management,Life Insurance,Inves
East Polson, MT
Disability Insurance Cut Disability Insurance with Early Intervention
Cut Disability Costs with Early Intervention
Are you an employer who would like to cut the costs of disability to your business? The experts agree: the best way to reduce the costs of disability is to intervene early.
What is meant by intervene? Well, studies indicate that employers, which put in place integrated disability management programs, help employees get the support they need, while also ensuring a quicker and more timely return to work after injury or disability.
Some studies indicate that such programs can actually have employees returning to work up to 20% sooner.
Lets look at an example. Sun Life did a study that tracked the outcomes of nearly 1,000 short-term disability claims, excluding maternity leaves. These claims were divided into two groups those who received early intervention disability services and those who did not. Early intervention services included:
- Claimant and physician coaching about return-to-work expectations
- Employer education on disability issues
- Identification of viable job alternatives, including light duty positions to allow employees to return to the workplace sooner
- Job site modifications to accommodate disabled workers to also allow early return
- Medical intervention to ensure the employee was receiving appropriate medical care, at all phases of treatment and recovery
- Three-way coordination and communication between the employer, employee and physician
- Vocational counselling