Articles Editor's Blog Reader Mail

Business Car Insurance Missoula MT

This page provides relevant content and local businesses that can help with your search for information on Business Car Insurance. You will find informative articles about Business Car Insurance, including "Auto Insurance for Those Who Work from Their Veichle". Below you will also find local businesses that may provide the products or services you are looking for. Please scroll down to find the local resources in Missoula, MT that can help answer your questions about Business Car Insurance.

Glidewell Investments And Insurance Group Inc
(406) 543-6817
2001 S Russell St
Missoula, MT
American Income Life
(406) 721-5185
111 N Higgins Ave
Missoula, MT
Faulkner Linda Insurance Agency Cic
(406) 542-1045
2819 Great Northern Loop
Missoula, MT
Farmers Union Insurance
(406) 543-7184
249 W Front St
Missoula, MT
Mountain West Business & Estate Services
(406) 542-5022
700 Sw Higgins Ave
Missoula, MT
Jacobsen Pam Insurance Agent
(406) 721-0599
1120 Kensington Ave
Missoula, MT
Farm Bureau Financial Services
(406) 728-6811
2620 Connery Way Ste 300
Missoula, MT
Marcure Insurance
(406) 543-7184
249 W Front St
Missoula, MT
Jem Shoppe Jewelers
(406) 728-6399
331 Sw Higgins Ave
Missoula, MT
Tipp & Buley
(406) 549-5186
2200 Brooks St
Missoula, MT

Auto Insurance for Those Who Work from Their Veichle

Car Insurance Business

Technically, this has nothing to do with your business. However, if you are using your car for business purposes, you will need to insure that you have this coverage. In order to properly ensure your vehicle, if it is used for business - either transportation of product and supplies or for you to visit clients - you have to upgrade your car insurance.

Most insurance companies will distinguish between three types of primary usage of a vehicle:

  • "Commuting" means you mainly use your vehicle to drive to and from school or work.
  • "Pleasure" means you typically drive your vehicle for fun with no regular commuting or business use.
  • "Business/commercial" means you mainly use your vehicle for business purposes such as, sales, service and delivery calls or other work-related driving.

Most of us will not need business/commercial coverage, because we only use our vehicles for driving to work. The commuting level of coverage will be sufficient. The Business use designation is really for the person who is making intensive use of their vehicle for business purposes.

Be aware that insurers do vary in how they define these levels of coverage. Some insurers will actually include commuting with your vehicle under business use. Some insurers will also take into account your yearly mileage when they quote you a premium. It pays to have an idea of your yearly mileage and the distance to and from work, if you want to get the right coverage for your vehicle usage.

In most cases, business use will mean a higher premium. Why? You are driving the car more, in the vast majority of cases. This raises the risk to the insurer, and correspondingly, raises your premium.

So, why would you bother getting this insurance? The biggest reason is that you want to be covered in case of an accident. If the insurance company determines that you had an accident while the vehicle was being used for business, they can deny your claim. It's really ...

Click here to read the rest of this article from Insurance Guide 101

About Us | Contact Us | Link to Us | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Insurance Resources | Sitemap